For the best experience on Welcome, we strongly recommend that your window size is fairly large. This is important because Welcome resizes itself according to the size of your window and depending on the size, you may experience some loss of functionality in this process.
This information is most important for producers as you will need an adequately sized window to control all of the functions in the control room. Attendees and Speakers should also strive to have well-sized windows as there is some resizing on Welcome's end that can impact their experience as well.
There are a few methods for resizing your window:
- Going full screen.
- Use your browser's zoom in/out feature.
- Resize your window by dragging the edge of the window.
With that said, it's also important to find a setup that works well for you and you are comfortable with. Below is a breakdown of what we'd recommend by resizing options.
- If you have multiple monitors or an easy method to change applications (such as the three-finger drag on Macs or the Taskbar on PCs), full screen is a great option to ensure your window is appropriately sized. If you've got screen real estate, this is the way to go as you're much less likely to run into accidental resizing issues that can impact an event.
- If you are limited to a smaller screened device or have no second monitor, you will probably want to not go full screen and just have a larger window. With this setup, you are able to have other apps you need handy on the desktop for quick switching. Be mindful of accidentally resizing your window if you go this route though.
- Zooming should primarily be used for more granular changes to your setup. You will still want a large window or a full-screened window to ensure that Welcome hasn't resized and functionality is being blocked.
If you have multiple monitors, we recommend using fullscreen for the best experience whenever possible. This will allow you to have a large Welcome window and any other applications you need open (such as an internal communication tool like Slack). This will allow you to maximize your screen space and have less of a chance of resizing the window and leading to a poor experience. While in full screen, you can also utilize your browser's zoom feature for more granular resizing of the event. We recommend you stick close to 100% zoom for the best experience.
Browser Zoom In/Out
Zooming your browser in and out can also resize Welcome. Using this you can achieve a well-sized window or make granular changes to your setup by combining this with full screen or window resizing.
Resizing your Window by Dragging
If you are on one window and need to have multiple applications open, please make sure that your window is appropriately sized so as to not impact Welcome's functionality. To resize your window, just go to the edge of the window and click and drag until the window is an appropriate size. Don't forget that you can
Still need help?
If none of the solutions work above and you're still experiencing issues, feel free to contact email@example.com or click Help at the bottom right corner of the screen.