Welcome back for another round of updates, fixes, and features!
One-Click Calendar Invites
Now upon clicking the “add to calendar” buttons on the multistage event landing page you will get one-click links in the descriptions and locations.
- We've added a deny list to give producers the ability to have a filter out registrations from email domains they do not want to have access to. This functions similarly to the domain allow list. Please message email@example.com if you would like this enabled for your organization.
Give producers the ability to allow attendees to hide their names or to hide all names by default in Q&A by adding the following toggles. They are mutually exclusive so only one of them can be toggled on at once. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like this enabled for your organization.
- Private Q&A (attendee’s choice) - Attendees can choose to hide their names when submitting questions.
- Private Q&A (all users)- All questions will have their names hidden.
- Added more clarification on disabled recording buttons to inform the user of when recording will be available (the event start time).
- Added some clarification language when using Passwordless Login: "Look in your Promotions or Spam folder if you don't see the email initially."
- Producers can now see the number of watchers in a lounge room.
- Stage Descriptions are no longer required when creating a stage.
- Front door performance improvements.
- Unmuting the Green Room while on stage now has a dialog warning. Please message email@example.com if you would like this enabled for your organization.
- Big emojis are back in the chat panel.
- Improved performance by reducing the number of full-page re-renders.
- Enabled editing event description in the dashboard without needing to change the event start time to the future.
- Adjusted the poll broadcasts to more aggressively update the counts so it "feels" more responsive.
- For multitrack events, we now show the main event title on the main stage page.
- For multitrack events, we've removed the networking lounge button from the sidebar.
- Fixed a crash event for when a newly created asset doesn't have a name.
- Added a fix for larger logos that were more square than wide (150px tall, 200px wide).
- Added a fix for users who try to use QuickReg when the feature is off. It now redirects to login rather than just fail.
- Fixed an issue with stage manager hover buttons overlapping recording/doors open buttons by updating the layout.
- Fixed a crash event when the a/v dialog is being opened and closed causing people to not be able to join Green Room or breakout.
- Fixed an Agenda issue where the Agenda wasn’t sorting correctly by time.
- Fixed an issue with the stage manager covering the stage on smaller screens.
- Fixed an issue where playing a prerecorded video that did not have an audio track would break recordings and certain attendee views.
- Add "Powered by Welcome" with the Welcome logo to more places.
- Polls in the attendee view will now be sorted by On Stage polls first, then Open polls, then Closed polls.
- Removed attendee’s ability to download event recordings from the On-Demand screen.
- Settings toggle cosmetic and text copy updates.
- Fixed the Add to Calendar button for multiday events.
- Fixed an issue with redirect to mobile on iPad.
- Fixed an issue with the ICS file (calendar invite) download button.
- Switching between Public Chat and Room Chat no longer clears the Room Chat.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes in Lounges when users switch between Watch to Join mode their chat room section doesn't update and goes back to Public chat.
- Fixed an issue where Q&A with Moderation on for mobile forces user to a blank white screen.
- Fixed a bug where the Stage Manager would cover up the new poll dialog when a user hovered over the bottom right corner of the stage.
- Added a fix for spammy speaker notifications caused when a speaker has a poor connection.
- CSV's exported from excel can be more reliably imported into Welcome.
- Fixed an issue found where an attendee/speaker can not see people on stage when joining the Green Room during a prerecorded video.
- Improvements to the robustness of recording infrastructure.
- Fixed an issue where the interaction panel scroll bar shows and hides repeatedly in Lounges.
- Speaker notifications are now tied to the "Jump In" button. This should reduce the notification noise and be a bit more representative of when the Speaker actually joins the event.
- Fixed the Compatibility Checker to reflect that we now support mobile and Safari.
- Fixed an issue when mobile video on iOS would stop after maximizing. A play button will now appear if the video stops.
- Fixed an issue where mobile audio would mute after first playing.
- Fixed an issue where joining a lounge in "Watch" mode would pop up an AV dialog.
- Fixed an issue where polls would display as "infinity" votes.
- Updated sign-in error messages to be specific instead of the same generic error.
- banned: "You no longer have access to this event. Please contact the event producer.”
- demo/quick_reg user trying to log into a non-demo/non-quick reg event: "You need to log in again. Please log out and try again.”
- Not logged in: "You are not logged in. Please log in to continue.”
- Not on allowlist: ”This event is invite-only. Please use an email address that the event organizer has on file or contact the event organizers.”
- Email domain on deny list (coming soon): ”Email addresses with the @domain do not have access to this event, please use a different email address.”
- Anything else: "Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about trouble logging in."