On Welcome, our platform empowers you with simple controls to manage the registration experience for attendees. This guide walks you through all these settings and explains how to leverage them.
Before we get started, we want to let you know about several other features we've implemented to make your registration process as seamless as possible.
- One-Click Registration Links are customized links that make it much simpler for attendees to register by pre-filling the event registration form with their information. These are perfect for making the registration experience seamless for your speakers or VIPs.
- Quick-Registration Links are similar to one-click registration links, but with even less steps involved for your attendees. When an attendee clicks a quick-registration link, their information will be automatically uploaded to Welcome and they will not need to register at all. These are designed to be used together with third-party registration services (such as HubSpot forms) to prevent your attendees from having to register twice.
- Custom Registration Fields allow you to capture registration data that isn’t included in our default registration form (Name, Role, Company, and Email).
Attendee Registration Settings
To change registration settings, visit your Event Dashboard and select "Registration Options" > "Access" on the left menu. Here, you'll find all available registration settings.
The first thing you must decide is whether or not email verification is required for your event.
By default, all events are set to "No Verification Required" – meaning, registrants are not required to verify their email with Welcome before joining your event. This makes registration and attendance as seamless as joining a Zoom meeting. It's perfect for webinars, marketing events, and large-scale public events.
If your event is set to "Verification Required", people are required to verify their emails with Welcome (either through clicking an email verification link or using an existing Google, LinkedIn or Outlook account to register) before they can join your event. This is perfect for private, secure events like an All Hands or Sales Kickoff.
If you click More Options, you'll see even more settings to help customize your registration experience.
The first setting is the verification methods available for attendees to use.
Next, you may Control Event Access Via Email, allowing or blocking attendees from entering your event based on their email address or email domain. For example, if you're running an event for Stanford alumni, you may enable the allowlist for the "`stanford.edu`" domain. Or, if you are concerned about competitors getting into your event, you may block their domains using a deny list.
Event Registration Link
Once you've created your event, you can get the link for your Event Registration Page in several places:
- In your Dashboard Overview - at the top of the page, next to your Event's main image, you'll see the link icon. Click on it and it will automatically copy to your clipboard.
- Welcome Studio - at the top left of the page, you will see the link icon to Copy event link.
- Directly from your Event home page. You can also copy the URL directly from your Event Registration home page browser.
Once you copy the link, you can insert and use it as you would any live URL. As with any links, make sure to test that it directs properly, before sending it out to your audience.