In some cases, certain video players such as Quicktime and Windows Media Player are unable to play the MP4 recordings of the event. This is due to those players do not support all MP4 codecs. We recommend using VLC Media Player as it supports a larger range of video codecs.
We have a solution for this, it will require you to re-encode the video. You will need to download and install a free software called Handbrake.
- Open Handbrake
- In Source Selection Click File and select the video you want to convert
- Click the Video tab
- Under Framerate, Select Constant Framerate
- Click Browse at the bottom right for Save As
- Type what you would like to name the new file and add .mp4 or .mov at the end of the name then Click Save
- At the top Click Start Encode
- Encoding will take time depending on the quality of your computer hardware and size of the video. Due to the resource intensive nature of encoding you may experience some slowdown on your computer and it might be wise to leave in alone and come back later.
Still need help?
If none of the solutions work above and you're still experiencing issues, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org