To make sure your event goes off without a hitch, you need to make sure your speakers can get into the Green Room. Additionally, Breakouts and Lounges are key methods for engaging your audience in an event. With that in mind, it's clear that these are vital functions in making sure your event is jaw-dropping and engaging for your audience. However, there can be a few ways that users can run into issues when trying to join:
- Microphone/camera permissions issue within the browser (most common). On Macs, there are also system-level permissions that can also cause issues in some cases.
- A conflict with the microphone/camera being used by another program (Zoom, Skype, Hangouts, etc).
- The best practice is to make sure to turn these off. If you're not sure what else is accessing your microphone/camera, give your computer a restart.
Ideally, you can catch these early (before the event) when using the compatibility checker. Here are a few solutions for the browser permissions:
- Check that your browser settings allow camera and microphone usage within experiencewelcome.com. You can also use an incognito/private window to force a new permission check.
- Below is a short video walkthrough for the Chrome browser (we have a complete permissions walkthrough here: Troubleshooting Permission Issues)
- If you've gone through all of these steps and are still hitting issues, please try a hard computer restart.
Still need help?
If none of the solutions work above and you're still experiencing issues, feel free to contact email@example.com or click Help at the bottom right corner of the screen.