- Starting a recording takes a few seconds (about 10-15 seconds). It's best to start recording a little bit earlier than the event's start to ensure you capture everything (i.e. don't start the recording just as you push a speaker to the stage). You can always cut extra footage during the editing process.
- You can start and stop the recording as many times as you'd like. It will create a new file each time.
- You cannot record breakout rooms and lounges.
- If your event is over three hours, the best practice is to start and stop the recordings during intermissions to create new video files in the system. Extremely long videos (3+ hours) are prone to corruption/error and will not generate an SRT file (captions).
- Double-check to make sure that you've hit "stop record" at the end of your event. This is very important. If you forget to do this the recording might become corrupted/unplayable.
How To Record
In the Control Room above and to the right of the main stage will be the record button in red
- If you want to Publish your recording, go to your Dashboard and click on the "Content Creator" section. You will then see your recording, and you will need to click on the Publish button to make it live.
Where To Find Recordings
Recordings are stored in the Event Dashboard.
- Go to the left sidebar and click on the "Content Creator" section. Your event recordings and clips will show up on the page. Note that Content creator’s AI finds the most insightful moments and auto-generates clip suggestions. You can get suggested titles and clip descriptions you can immediately use to post and share. (Some of the parameters around auto clips are that we will create up to five clips per recording based on how many sections our algorithm selects, and we will only clip recordings that are under four hours long.)
- For information on how to manually create clips, see this guide for Welcome Content Creator.
- To download a recording, open the three-dot grid menu at the right of the Publish button and then select Download Video. You can also change your Thumbnail Image and Download Subtitles from this menu.
- Note your recordings never expire. You will have access to them as long as you have access to Welcome!
Still need help?
If none of the solutions work above and you're still experiencing issues, feel free to contact email@example.com or click Help at the bottom right corner of the screen.